|Job Title||Supervisor, Cowichan Community Garden Centre Job Openings Duncan Cowichan Green Community Society|
|Pub Date||16 March 2020|
|Company||Cowichan Green Community Society|
Cowichan Green Community Society Recruitment 2020 - Cowichan Green Community Society give a chance to fill Supervisor, Cowichan Community Garden Centre, that will be placed in Duncan. You will definitely get a better prospect along with safer dwell in the future. Signing up for this corporation makes anyone able to reach the aim simpler in supplementary to aid the current dream be realized.
To produce the organization eyesight and mission arrives on legitimate Cowichan Green Community Society is actually open of brand-new place since April 2020. All people who are enthusiastic answering this particular vacant, make sure you take part in this kind of Supervisor, Cowichan Community Garden Centre recruitment. If you will be the one that might fill up qualifications, you can try to see more information about Supervisor, Cowichan Community Garden Centre Job Openings below.
Overview: This position will report directly to the Manager and is responsible for the supervision of the JCP, Garden Centre project. This position will coordinate all the activities related to the project and will be a full time, contract staff position.
Duties: This position will be accountable for the following:
· Coordinate all deliverables including setting up project timeline and budget
· Supervise all participants including creating individual work plans, supervising work performance, providing training, mentorship, and feedback
· Market and promote the project including public engagement
· Organize and deliver any events and workshops
· Plan, organize, and implement all project including the set up and implementation of a garden centre
· Meet and/or exceed all project milestones:
o Selecting 3 participants
o Completing additional market research including attending Seedy Saturday events
o Implementing water catchment processes
o Organizing field trips
o Designing and building infrastructure including greenhouse
o Organizing the selection and care of plants
o Organizing schedules – planting, seeding, watering etc
o Engaging volunteers
o Completing funder reporting
· Complete project business plan
· Assist with managing the project budget including preparation of:
o monthly reporting
o expenditure tracking
o invoice and payment processing
o final report
· Communicate clearly with participants, staff, and management.
· Keep the Manager fully informed on the status of the project deliverables.
· Design and/or update all marketing materials including:
o Web page updates
o Media Releases
· Set up a marketing strategy with timelines consistent with program deliverables.
· Perform other duties as required by the Manager.
Experience and Knowledge:
· A valid BC driver's license is required.
· Extensive skills and knowledge in agriculture practices
· Post-secondary graduate.
· Strong marketing and small business skills and experience.
· Proven facilitation, communication, and workshop leadership skills.
· Strong Project Management experience.
· Supervisory experience.
· Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
· Two or more years of work at a community non-profit organization.
Skills and Competencies:
· Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
· Relationship Building: Establishes and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the program.
· Communication: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to promote the program and engage community.
· V*olunteer Supervision: * Works cooperatively and effectively with others to engage and inspire volunteers to assist with programs.
· Organizational Skills: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities.
· Problem Solving: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations to the Manager and/or resolves the problem.
· This employee will work outside on the farm as well as in an office environment.
· This employee will work on a fulltime basis of 35 hours paid hours per week, with occasional evenings and weekends for the duration of the contract – to January 2021.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 /hour
As one of the leading companies in Canada, Cowichan Green Community Society opens variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Cowichan Green Community Society also gives a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to give optimally, and at the same time, you are able to escalate new experience and knowledge through the company programs.
If You are fascinated to send an application for Supervisor, Cowichan Community Garden Centre Job Openings Duncan April 2020 by Cowichan Green Community Society, please prepare requirements files and documents as soon as possible. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with a job above, you can try to read more jobs list in Duncan region from another company below.
Five years of experience in an accounting office setting preferable with education taken towards receiving an accounting degree.
You hold a valid Chief Mate, Near Coastal Certificate or higher and Valid Seafarer's Medical certificate. All within your home community;
With operations in the coastal region of British Columbia and Washington State, Western Forest Products meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty…
Email your resume to Island Farmhouse Poultry to join our team. Packaging and preparing product for shipping. Day shift, no weekend work required.