|Job Title||Casual Residential Counsellor Job Openings Etobicoke Jean Tweed Treatment Centre|
|Pub Date||18 days ago|
|Company||Jean Tweed Treatment Centre|
Jean Tweed Treatment Centre Careers 2020 - Jean Tweed Treatment Centre requires a new worker to fill Casual Residential Counsellor, that will be placed in Etobicoke. You will definitely get a better chance along with less dangerous life sometime soon. Signing up for this company makes anyone can meet the purpose less complicated and make current aspiration come true.
To help this company eyesight and mission happens on legitimate Jean Tweed Treatment Centre will be wide open on brand-new place as October 2020. Everyone who are enthusiastic about filling up this particular vacant, make sure you take part in this kind of Casual Residential Counsellor recruitment. If you are one that might load requirements, you can attempt to learn further information about Casual Residential Counsellor Job Openings below.
Casual Residential Counsellor
The Jean Tweed Centre is a leading, community based organization that provides a safe and supportive environment for women with substance use, mental health, and gambling concerns. Recognizing the diversity of women’s experience in today’s society, our programs seek to address a range of issues in a woman’s life that may contribute to substance use and gambling concerns. Understanding each woman’s experience within the broader physical, emotional, social, cultural and gender framework, we provide a client-centered approach to health. This position involves supporting women in Jean Tweed Centre’s residential programs. The individual hired for this position will:
- Support clients/residents at the residence and assist with daily routines.
- Monitor client relations/issues, ensuring that any crisis identified is addressed and assistance with conflict resolution is offered.
- Manage the documentation and recording of information, including the record of case notes in the daily log if necessary.
- Monitor behaviours demonstrated by residents, including documentation and responding to unusual behaviors and situations.
- Supervise and assist residents with any required medication.
- Conduct nightly medication counts and relay any errors.
- Perform light household chores as required.
- Conduct job responsibilities with a commitment to harm reduction, trauma- informed, women-centred and anti-oppressive practices.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of The Jean Tweed Centre.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of The Jean Tweed Centre.
- Maintain a client service orientation including learning about and addressing client needs and concerns.
- Work collaboratively including respect others, sharing information, consulting and celebrating shared successes.
- Demonstrate accountability by holding self responsible and following through on commitments.
- Support inclusion and equity by respecting others, embracing diversity and addressing oppression.
- Commit to continuous learning through professional development, giving and receiving constructive feedback and applying new skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College Diploma in Addiction and Mental Health or equivalent qualification.
- 1 year of experience in the substance use and/or mental health sector.
- Working knowledge of best practices about woman, substance use and mental health concerns
- Crisis intervention, de-escalation and conflict resolution skills.
- Available for evening, night and weekend shifts.
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Available on short notice (occasionally).
- Must possess Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- First Aid/CPR certification
STATEMENT OF INCLUSION:
The Jean Tweed Centre recognizes and values the rich diversity of Canadian society and specifically the women, children and families we serve. We are committed to working from an inclusive and holistic anti-oppression framework to assist women and their families from various cultures, racialized groups, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities. The program strives to build a staff group that reflects the diversity of the community being served.
Application deadline for COVER LETTER and RESUME: September 14, 2020.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources at the above contact of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any material or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Application deadline: 2020-09-14
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
As one of the leading companies in Canada, Jean Tweed Treatment Centre offers variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Jean Tweed Treatment Centre also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to give optimally, and at the same time, you are able to learn new skills and erudition through the company programs.
If You are interested to send an application for Casual Residential Counsellor Jobs Etobicoke October 2020 by Jean Tweed Treatment Centre, please prepare requirements files and documents immediately. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with a hiring job above, you can try to read more jobs list in Etobicoke region from another company below.
Valid MHE/Forklift certificate, an asset. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories…
Our unique additional perks program includes exclusive discounts with variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a…
Answer telephone – take orders, respond to complaints and inquiries. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and…
You have sound research and analysis skills, to conduct medical case assessments. You have current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the…