|Job Title||Horticulturist - Berry Specialist Job Openings Halifax Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc.|
|Pub Date||13 March 2020|
|Company||Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc.|
Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc. Careers 2020 - Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc. assign an opportunity to apply Horticulturist - Berry Specialist, that will be placed in Halifax. You will receive a better chance as well as safer dwell sometime soon. Becoming a member of this business makes anyone can reach the goal easier and create the aim come true.
To help this corporation eyesight and mission comes on legitimate Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc. is usually open up for fresh placement since April 2020. All people who are considering about filling up this vacant, remember to engage in this Horticulturist - Berry Specialist recruitment. If you will be one that can certainly fill up qualifications, you can look at more info about Horticulturist - Berry Specialist Job Openings below.
HORTICULTURIST – Berry Specialist
Perennia’s mission is to supporting growth, transformation and economic development in Nova Scotia’s agriculture, seafood, and food and beverage sectors. We are looking for a talented, innovative professional with an understanding and expertise in berry production.
Perennia has an opening for a full-time Berry Specialist based in our Kentville office, who will be responsible for working with team members and clients province-wide. Specific crop responsibilities include lead specialist on strawberries, brambles and highbush blueberries. Expertise on other minor berries (e.g. currants, gooseberries, arctic kiwi, etc.) would be considered an asset.
This position works as part of a twelve-person horticulture team conducting extension, applied research and offering consulting services to producers. The primary focus for this position is a comprehensive extension program that will assist Nova Scotia small fruit producers develop the capability, understanding and skill needed to improve productivity, enhance competiveness and create new opportunities.
Specific duties include: technology transfer; facilitation of farmer education; field and institutional research; development of educational materials using various technologies; remaining current on industry trends and research based knowledge; participation on various committees and boards; and other initiatives as required to support industry development including proactively developing applied research projects for outside funding. This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and high personal standards of excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· A specialized degree in Horticulture, or a closely related discipline with a preference for candidates with an MSc.
· Minimum of five years’ experience working in the horticulture industry with direct experience in small fruit research and/or extension preferred.
· Experience in technology-based knowledge transfer to the agriculture industry would be an asset with demonstrated experience or aptitude in blogs, videos, podcasts and/or webinars.
· Experience in pest management e.g. entomology, plant pathology, and/or weed management would be an asset.
· Solid foundation in plant physiology, soil science and nutrient management principals essential.
· Demonstrated skills (paid or volunteer) in planning, implementing or teaching and evaluating educational programs, and knowledge of adult learning principles.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships or relationships with individual producers, commodity groups, agribusiness, provincial and federal representative and researches, and academia.
· Good observational and diagnostics skills.
· Experience in project management.
· A member or eligible for P.Ag. Status with the Nova Scotia Institute of Agrology.
· Superior Microsoft Office Suite skills with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Perennia offers a competitive compensation package based on the candidate’s skill and experience. This includes base salary, benefits, employer matching RRSP plan, flexible schedules, personal days and three weeks’ vacation to start.
To apply for this exciting new position at Perennia, please email a combined PDF or Word cover letter and resume noting compensation expectations to, by noon on March 26th, 2020. Please also include or link to any knowledge transfer materials you feel would support your application package.
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. Thank you to all who apply but only those granted interviews will be contacted. For more information about Perennia visit our website at www.perennia.ca.
Perennia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
As one of the leading companies in Canada, Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc. opens variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc. also gives a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to give optimally, and at the same time, you are able to upgrade new experience and knowing through the company programs.
If You are interested to submit an application for Horticulturist - Berry Specialist Job Openings Halifax April 2020 by Perennia Food & Agriculture Inc., please prepare requirements files and documents immediately. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with a job above, you can try to read more jobs list in Halifax region from another company below.
We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under…
The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual…
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the…
Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred). Recognition as a community hero who helps to ensure everyone gets Safely Home. In advance of the 2020/2021 school year.